Old April 16th 04, 08:41 AM
Xstitchla1

How do you decide whether you should or not? Does it
matter what the stitch count is or fabric type? Just how do you go

Hello, back from lurking
I grid my large projects but instead of 10x10 I grid 20x20. On smaller
projects I baste in the center lines and if I have thread left over (at the top
or sides) i count over 20 stitches and grid an extra line. I don't usually take
the grid lines out as I stitch over them, but a few times I had to really work
to get the basting thread out. I am switching over to remove basting threads
when the pattern gets up to the basting.

Barbara in LA