Old April 16th 04, 04:50 AM
Rhiannon

I would never grid a small, simple project as that would take more time
than it is worth. I would grid a larger project (e.g., over 8 x 10
inches solid stitching on 32 ct.) because I'm likely to work on it for a
bit and then set it aside for a long time and the gridding makes it
easier to get back into the project. It is also worthwhile to grid if
the chart is poorly printed/drawn or otherwise confusing since you use
so much effort interpreting the pattern you can't afford additional
confusion when looking at the fabric. Thank goodness hand written
charts aren't so common!

Suzanne wrote:
A few people on here have spoken about gridding projects before, but I
was hoping someone could tell me more about it. Do you always grid your
projects? How do you decide whether you should or not? Does it matter
what the stitch count is or fabric type? Just how do you go about it?
I've been looking online but haven't found many places that talk about it.

--
Brenda
"Sometimes I'd sit and gaze for days through sleepless dreams all alone