Old April 16th 04, 04:39 AM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: Suzanne snetstitch

A few people on here have spoken about gridding projects before, but I
was hoping someone could tell me more about it. Do you always grid
your projects? How do you decide whether you should or not? ........

If I am working on something that is fairly large and has a lot of open
areas, then I will grid the fabric. I have only felt it necessary several
times.
When I grid I use regular sewing thread in a color that is way different
from the needlework fabric. I start at the center and work my way up and then
down going over 5 threads and under 5 threads. Once I have the center row
done, I start at the edge of the fabric and alternate the over/under with the
previous row.
If I think of it, I will do the center horizontal & vertical grid lines AND
every 5th grid line in a color different than the rest of the grid lines. this
just makes quick counting at a glance easier. It's not really necessary but it
helps to use up any ugly old thread you have laying around :-)))! CiaoMeow
^;;^

..

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!