Old February 17th 04, 10:54 PM
Millie

(Chuck) wrote in message . com...
Why did you email her?

Because issues like this are (appropriately) taken care of off-group,
to avoid cluttering it up, and to avoid threads, LIKE THIS ONE, full
of off-topic blather about things (like rules of a newsgroup) that any
user of any UseNet newsgroup should make themself aware of before
posting to said newsgroup.

If Dawn is the site maintainer let her take care of it,

rec.crafts.dollhouses is not a "site," it is a newsgroup. Dawn
maintains a web site, of her own, which is the official web site
associated with the newsgroup. This is an unmoderated, or more
correctly "self-moderated" newsgroup. It is up to the
users/subscribers to maintain the integrity and usefulness of the
newsgroup and make sure that its content falls within the boundaries
of its own charter.

why do you care?

Why? Because I am one of the founding members, I've been on here
since Day 1, and I've been battling spammers, ad-posters and trolls
almost since that day, and I plan to continue that practice as long as
people continue posting ads, spam and other off-topic or
inappropropriate posts. We started this newsgroup to SHARE
information, not SELL it, and attempts to circumvent that aspect of
the spirit of the newsgroup's charter will be handled accordingly.

Why not just post your opinion of her infraction here?

Because issues like this are appropriately handled off-group, as is
the UseNet standard, as it has been for ages. Because the point is,
not only do most people not want to be reminded, reprimanded or chided
in the public eye, but it also avoids never-ending, off-topic threads
LIKE THIS ONE, about things, like the rules of the newsgroup, which as
I said, people should make themself aware of before they post to a
newsgroup.

Where is Dawn, I would think this topic warrants her
intervention.

Dawn has a life too, and this topic doesn't need any "intervention,"
it just needs to end. The rule is simple: Don't post advertisements
and don't post auction notices. This newsgroup isn't here for people
to make a buck off, it is here for the free exchange of information.
Posting things that say, "Hey, I make and sell blahblahblah" is an ad,
however you slice it. If someone says, "Where the heck can I find
blahblahblah," and someone else says, "I can make that for you, email
me and we'll talk about it," that's absolutely appropriate.

I still don't see where Millie was "selling" those cute
little coathangers,

Then apparently you didn't see her post, or read it selectively.

and how do We know that is what you emailed her?

Because I said it is, and I do not lie. Also because I didn't post
her rude reply.

So You, Chuck, are not in charge, just pushing your views onto others?
I am back, I am sorry if my innocent prior posts were incorrect, but I
have not been on the internet for ten years, as you say you have, so
since I have been making minnie stuff, could you fill me in on what
you make? If as a founding member you have more rights on this group
than does a newbie, please show me where that appears in the charter?
I think I have much to share with others on this group, including my
opinions about a busybody like you, please find something else to do,
I want to hear about dollhouses, not rules as you see them.

Millie