Old February 16th 04, 05:19 PM
Pam

(Chuck) wrote in message ...
On 15 Feb 2004 14:00:18 -0800,
(Pam) wrote:

Geez! I came here to get advice, I mostly have lurked in the
background, but I have to put in my 2 cents here, Why are you all
jumping on a newbie who didn't know your methods of posting? I agree
that if you don't want selling, that is fine, but please make it
clear, and give people the benefit of the doubt, if it looks like
there is a problem, suggest a solution, don't just condemn them
without a trial.

First of all, Pam, the appropriate portions of the charter and a
pointer to the newsgroup's web site are posted every couple of weeks
by Dawn, who is the maintainer of the site. Second of all, the evil,
rude, condemnatory email that set Millie off is quoted, in its
entirety, below. It was posted in response to an unsolicited
advertisement for coathangers.

Millie,
Nice to have you aboard, but please bear in mind that the charter of the newsgroup
doesn't allow for commercial, advertising, "for sale" or "for auction" posts.

Thanks.

Doesn't seem all that pushy, judgemental, narrow-minded or anything
else to me, but hey, what do I know...

Why did you email her? If Dawn is the site maintainer let her take
care of it, why do you care? Why not just post your opinion of her
infraction here? Where is Dawn, I would think this topic warrants her
intervention. I still don't see where Millie was "selling" those cute
little coathangers, and how do We know that is what you emailed her?

Pam