Old September 15th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Default Changing tastes - natural gems vs. dyed

Vibrant Jewels wrote:
I used to never use plastic/acrylic/lucite beads,

Karleen -- I feel this is a very important point. I am still a bead
snob when it comes to plastic vs. anything else -- yet plastic beads,
especially flowers and lots of plastic shapes in fact, have always been
an important component of high-end costume jewelry. Which I love to
distraction. You can only hang so much weight around your neck before
it becomes a problem. Ask anyone who has long hair (not me as I would
not know, LOL).

There are GORGEOUS vintage plastic flowers being sold for lots of money
right now. Yet every time I see one of them in a finished piece, I
cringe.

Becki