Old January 14th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Default A necklace I am proud of :)

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:16:22 GMT, "Ben Smith"
wrote:

"Marilee J. Layman" wrote in message
.. .

It's very pretty, but you'd get better response on rec.crafts.beads.

I thought that it was pretty too, and that Flic was justified in being
pleased with it. I hope that she will be even more pleased with her next
piece.
Would it have been more acceptable to this group if it had been made of
precious metal and natural gemstone beads?
What determines if an item is jewellery or not?
It is very easy to be snobbish about other peoples efforts, but perhaps
Marilee J. Layman was commenting on other readers reactions.

shrug I'm primarily a beadweaver these days, but I read this
newsgroup because I used to be an engineer and I'm interested in
techniques, even though the doctor will never let me do that kind of
thing again.
--
Marilee J. Layman
http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjlayman