Old February 17th 04, 07:07 AM
Kalera Stratton

This is true. I think newbies should continue to sell (and I don't
consider the term "newbie" to be offensive, I mean PLEASE, it started
out as an affectionate term!) for newbie prices. Newbie work has a charm
you can't get elsewhere, and newbie work can become extremely
valuable... can you imaging having one of Leah Fairbanks' first goddesses???

Some buyers prefer the beginner's hand, and I think it's tremendous
incentive for a new lampworker to be able to sell their work, and even
pay for glass and better equipment that way. Beginner work has a place
inthe market.

-Kalera

Christina Peterson wrote:

However, it is not undercutting to offer lesser beads for a lesser price.

Tina

"Dr. Sooz" wrote

I don't agree with the organization, the "rules", etc. But I

wholeheartedly

support the feeling that undercutting is noxious and harmful to beaders

and

beadmakers everywhere.