Old October 13th 03, 06:53 PM
Kandice Seeber

Ummm - I know several lampworkers who have their propane in the garage....I
guess it depends on your garage.
I had my hubby build me a frame box to hold both tanks outside when I used
oxygen tanks (I now use a concentrator - saves lots of money), but I think
it's okay to have oxy in the house, as long as it is held upright and cannot
get knocked over. Lots of people do have their oxy tanks inside though. I
searched google for lampwork studio and got lots of links to others' set ups
with pics...

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ampwork+studio

Also, read WetCanvas and ISGB forums for lots more lampworking advice.

I *personally* prefer having both tanks outside - but I am told I am overly
cautious. LOL
My oxy concentrator sits inside under my table and works just fine there.
If you plan to do this long term, a concentrator (instead of oxy tanks) will
generally save lots of time and money in the long run.

Also - if you plan to use silver or frit or powders of any kind, make sure
you wear a respirator and make sure that your work area is closed off from
the rest of the house. That stuff can be toxic. More on this at WetCanvas
and ISGB as well.
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

thanks Kandice - excellent suggestion about the range hood! And I was
thinking about if I could drill a hole and run my propane in from

outside -
why not, hubby drilled a hole to the outside when he was trying to run the
cable from the upstairs to the kitchen and didn't measure properly ;-) But
that would mean I have to go out side and turn it on and off... in the

rain.
hmnn... well - hmnn... what if the propane was in the garage which is

right
next to the laundry room? a hole throught that wall and it's all indoors,
yet propane is not technically in the house? What about the oxygen - is

that
safe inside or should that be out in the garage or outside too? I'm going

go reserve that book from the library right now.... thanks

Pam