Old July 11th 03, 12:59 PM
Jennifer Hepworth

Hi Laurie, I do have the designer unit which I will periodically take
out to play with. The advantage of the 7550's is that the line drawing
appears on the screen so the paper grid really isn't necessary. I have
drawn lots of variations and new stitches into the memory including a
serpentine, beading, hand-quilting, buttonhole variations, scribbles,
etc.
Jennifer in Ottawa
----------

Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Fri, Jul 11, 2003, 8:20am
(EDT+4) From: (Laurie=A0G.)
Thanks, Jennifer! I will check again. Does your 7550 have the design
thingy? I didn't get it with mine and thought I probably would never
need it.
Laurie G.
Jennifer Hepworth wrote:
=A0=A0Hi Laurie - I checked the listing in my owner's manual and it is
there as 'purl' stitch. Go to the page in your manual where there is a
chart with the stitches diagrammed and explained. I know that the stitch
is in the 7530 because when I traded up, I made sure the stitch was
'going' too! It looks something like l/l/l/l/l/ =A0 rather thanVVVVVVV
in the diagrams.
Jennifer in Ottawa
------
Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Fri, Jul 11, 2003, 2:38am
(EDT+4) From:
(Laurie G.) I have a 7530. I looked
in my big owners manual and couldn't find the purl zigzag. Could it be
another name?
Laurie G.
Megan Vest wrote:
If you have the 7550, I know there is an Owner's Manual available for
that machine. You would just need to have your Pfaff dealer order it for
you. They are so helpful.
Megan
"Loren in Seattle" wrote in message
Thanks, I have the same machine so I will try to figure out which is the
purl zigzag. Do you know the stitch number off hand? Loren in Seattle
"Jennifer Hepworth" wrote in message
... Hi
Loren, I also sew with a Pfaff, mine is a 7550 model. While you are
learning 'new' things about your machine, I'd like to suggest that you
try using the purl zig zag stitch for applique work. I rarely use the
regular zig zag stitch anymore for - you'll find the purl stitich listed
with the overlock stitches. Jennifer in Ottawa
---------
Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Thu, Jul 10, 2003, 3:20am
(EDT+4) From:
(Loren in Seattle) I have a
Pfaff machine and I adore the integrated dual feed. Usually. Today,
after weeks of getting very frustrated doing some machine appliqu=E9, I
realized that it is much, much easier with the dual feed foot up. Much.
Too bad I figured this out near the end of the project. I always put the
dual feed up when I free motion quilt, so I don't know why I didn't
think of it when doing appliqu=E9. I guess it was because I wasn't
lowering the feed dogs and using a regular zig-zag foot. Now I know. The
other tip that has saved my life was from Diana in Dallas (thanks
Diana). Cheap typing paper for stabilizer. Off to finish this project,
now I am finally looking forward to it.

http://interactive.rogers.com/jennell/Quiltedprojects
http://interactive.rogers.com/jennell/photoalbum