Old July 11th 03, 03:38 AM
Laurie G.

I have a 7530. I looked in my big owners manual and couldn't find the
purl zigzag. Could it be another name?

Laurie G.

Megan Vest wrote:
If you have the 7550, I know there is an Owner's Manual available for that
machine. You would just need to have your Pfaff dealer order it for you.
They are so helpful.
Megan

"Loren in Seattle" wrote in message

Thanks, I have the same machine so I will try to figure out which is the
purl zigzag. Do you know the stitch number off hand?

Loren in Seattle

"Jennifer Hepworth" wrote in message
Hi Loren, I also sew with a Pfaff, mine is a 7550 model. While you are
learning 'new' things about your machine, I'd like to suggest that you
try using the purl zig zag stitch for applique work. I rarely use the
regular zig zag stitch anymore for - you'll find the purl stitich
listed with the overlock stitches. Jennifer in Ottawa
---------
Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Thu, Jul 10, 2003, 3:20am
(EDT+4) From: (Loren in Seattle)
I have a Pfaff machine and I adore the integrated dual feed. Usually.
Today, after weeks of getting very frustrated doing some machine
appliqué, I realized that it is much, much easier with the dual feed
foot up. Much. Too bad I figured this out near the end of the project.
I always put the dual feed up when I free motion quilt, so I don't know
why I didn't think of it when doing appliqué. I guess it was because I
wasn't lowering the feed dogs and using a regular zig-zag foot. Now I
know.
The other tip that has saved my life was from Diana in Dallas (thanks
Diana). Cheap typing paper for stabilizer.
Off to finish this project, now I am finally looking forward to it.
--
Loren in Seattle