Old September 16th 17, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Night Mist

Default OT Finally! Actively house shopping

Well the assessment has been done, we've gotten the report, and in a number of ways it is a hoot!

The best example is she keeps referencing the place as "in the extremely rural township of".
OK, so it is 20 minutes to the nearest Starbucks via the expressway, but it is only 20 minutes and the on ramp is less than a mile from the house. Driving the regular roads it is less than 10 miles to town, and that is passing through one of the larger villages on the way. I don't imagine that she counts that the biggest organic herb farm in the county is an easy walk in one direction, and the biggest organic fruit farm is a slightly longer walk in the other.
I think the cats subtly exerted telepathic influence towards our decision because it is so close to their dealer. They really really enjoy the organic catnip from the herb farm.
Anyway, 10 miles from town is so _not_ extremely rural!
Lady is from Buffalo, so maybe the cows next door influenced her notion of rural.

Oh, and I spied a couple of alpacas in a field on the way out there. Gonna have to track down who owns them and find out if they are a hobby or part of a commercial enterprise.

NightMist
dazzled by the prospect of locally sourced alpaca