Old January 6th 05, 08:00 PM
JS

I'm Jennifer, I post as JS, and sign my posts as Jennifer in Florida.

I live just north of Orlando with my DH and my two boys (7 & 2). I have
four QIs - two cats and two guinea pigs. The cats enjoy the quilting, the
pigs not so much. My kids love quilts, and are always dragging my finished
pieces around the house. Luckily I do mostly machine work, which is totally
washable and very durable.

I am 31, and I have been sewing since I was quite young. My grandmother had
me doing embroidery and knitting before I was 10. I did cross stitch as an
adult, and started quilting five years ago. I wanted to make my oldest son
a quilt to remember all of our tropical vacations, so I started collecting
batiks to make him a quilt. I discovered that I am a rabid fabriholic, and
I finished his quilt after several months of work. It was his prize
possession for about a year, until I made a homely ragtime quilt for the
cat. John took that, and he has slept with it every night since. The cat
is still holding a grudge.

Piecing is my first love, and finishing is a real challenge. I love to start
projects - my stash talks to me and eggs me on . Batiks are my favorite
fabric, and every time I vow to buy nothing but batiks, Valorie Wells
designs a new quilt, and I must have it. I have two of her kits sitting in
my closet waiting to move onto my bed.

Welcome to everyone. This is a fun and informative group - I have been
reading for five years, and I post occasionally.

Jennifer in Florida