Old October 28th 03, 04:34 AM

Before you do anything else, change the needle to see if you had a bent
needle in the machine. And whatever you do, don't let a mechanic talk
you into getting rid of that machine. It will sew circles around most
of the low-end machines these days and will run for your lifetime and
beyond if you take care of it.

Richard Rateick wrote:
I have a Singer 401a. The needle keeps hitting the back of the throat
plate. Is there a way to move the needle assembly forward to center
the needle in the throat plate? Thanks for your help.

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa