Old January 9th 05, 05:01 PM
WhansaMi

I think that sounds nice. I think my Christmas Stack'n'whack is more
formal than most of my quilts. The background is black on dark green,
and I think that makes it look a bit more formal.
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/...tackNWhack.JPG
The print you select for your kaleidoscopes also will help to determine
the formality. Just remember that to get the stack'n'whack effect you
need a certain amount of contrast and a fairly large print.

Julia in MN

Your Christmas Stack and Whack is lovely. Jinny Beyers' studio is about 15
minutes from me, and she has some really rich florals, as I remember. If I had
a burgandy tone-on-tone and the floral was primarily golds with some burgandy
and sage accents, that might be nice.

There is also a class at G-Street of a pinwheel kaleidoscope technique. I
spoke to the instructor this morning, and she said it was similar to Stack and
Whack, only a bit different in that Stack and Whack gives you medallions and
this techniques gives you squares. I am not experienced enough to really know
the difference... maybe some of you know what she means?

Sheila