Old December 1st 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Joy Beeson

Default Sewing with Corduroy...any tips?

On 1 Dec 2006 10:34:43 -0800, wrote:

[snip]

can' seem to find any tips on how to keep them aligned under the
foot....anyone with helpful hints that have worked for them?

It helps to put the pins exactly in the stitching line, with the
points toward the needle so that they can be pulled out at the last
minute. Sometimes I'll hold a pin with tweezers and let the machine
pull the fabric off it while the point is actually inside the presser
foot. (This is NOT something to be done with the pedal to the metal!)
Joy Beeson
--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/ -- needlework