Old June 23rd 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Susie Thompson

Default Pottery-related Mystery Novel

A favourite book here is "The Snow Firing" by Joyce Gard, printed
1967/8. The following are a couple of summaries I found -

"When a friendly potter comes to work at the long-abandoned pottery that
used to belong to Philip's grandfather, the twelve-year-old boy's
energy, interest, and evident talent, which appear as he helps his new
neighbour, bring unhappiness to his mother."

""This story is about a boy who stems from a family of country potters
of the old kind, with its good and its bad inextricable tangled, and who
helps in the rebirth of the old pottery into our modern world. Naturally
this is a painful as well as an exciting process"

I had a look and there's one copy on ebay at the moment, if anybody out
there's interested. No, it's not my copy - there's no way I'd part with
mine!

Susie

--
Susie Thompson
If you can't stand the heat, don't tickle the dragon