Old January 3rd 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery

Default Choice of slab rollers

Not very impressed with nylon gears; unhappy experiences in the past
(not with North Star). That said, things may have improved a bit by now.

We've handled a couple of the Bailey DRDll's and were impressed with the
build quality and its ability to go to a specified thickness in one
pass. That would be my choice.

Steve
Bath
UK

In article , Stuart &
Kathryn Fields writes
After reading lots and lots about the many s-r s out there, I've narrowed my
pics to Northstar vs Bailey -- 24", standard models. Can't find any real
user notes about the Northstar with its nylon gears. This equipment will
not be my main worker and I'm not going into great production, so the nylon
doesn't sound too off. Questions: can the gears be replaced if they wear
out by the user? What opinions do you all have on these two machines --
especially comparisons.
Thanks for the help.
Kathy Fields

--