Old March 1st 05, 01:04 PM
Karen Maslowski

Sharon, this can't be the same dog. He's only six, and the books have
been out since my 20-yo was a baby! Sounds like more fiction to me. LOL
It does make a good story, though.

Karen Maslowski in Ohio

Sharon & Jack wrote:

Actually, Carl of the books is a real Rottweiler. The Carl books are
written by Alexandra Day, and the Rottweiler is based on her dog, Carl.
Madeline (the baby in her stories) is based on her granddaughter. The real
Carl is also a therapy dog, trained to work with children. See
www.gooddogcarl.com/

We have a Rottweiler, a white German Shepherd, a miniature Doxie, and a
Maine Coone cat. The cat and the Rottweiler are the same age, and grew up
together. The cat has a habit of attacking the dogs, then screaming for
help :). He's been neutered, but that's never stopped him from roaming,
although he seldom goes more than a few houses away. My SIL built him a
"cat house" on the deck, so he has a cozy place to escape into, because if
he wants out, nobody sleeps or escapes from his nagging until he gets his
way. We have a set of small chimes hanging from the back door, and they
ring it when they want out. He rings them like crazy until someone comes.
He's an indoor cat on his terms.

Sharon