Old February 28th 05, 08:50 PM

CySew wrote:

When I retired, and moved to the Los Angeles area for a couple years, I
learned a lot of CA history I never learned in school, by visiting museums,
historical sites and just reading. Both states have an appearance of being
young because of the tourist meccas but don't be fooled by that, both states
have a rich history like most other states, some just not as old as others.

Maybe if I lived in an older city I would feel differently. But the
city where I live was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it town until the 1950s or
1960s, and I grew up in a town that had lots of historical buildings,
and I miss it.