Old June 10th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
DKat

Default Plaster Mould of a ball, what to use for separation?

"Bob Masta" wrote in message

Plaster doesn't convert back to gypsum until something like 250-300F
or more, depending on how long you hold it at temperature, etc . So
molten wax at the boling point of water or less should be OK.

Best regards,

Bob Masta

I had images of taking a blow torch to the piece to burn the wax away - not
so good for plaster I would think.... What can I say - I like the flame and
it didn't occur to me to be practical and use boiling water...