Old November 10th 05, 04:31 AM
Polly Esther

Default Is everyone quilting?

I've been quilting like crazy but had to stop and go get my flu shot. Top
this! I got the shot at the florist's shop. Many of our doctors and
doctors' offices and clinics are gone, just gone. Apparently, getting fresh
flowers shipped into Katrina county is not easy and the florist had plenty
of room.
Came back to the Swamp to another funny. There was a road safety sort
of person in front of our house with a flag and stop sign. Her assignment
was to flag down anybody that tried to go by. DH explained to her that in
our 7 years in the Swamp, he had only seen 2 cars go past. One turned
around. We don't know about the other one.
There was some giant size heavy equipment on our road removing debris
and her assignment was to keep the traffic smooth. She had a nice day.
Polly
"maryd" wrote in message
I've seen lots of posts today between my stints at the sewing machine.
I'm
working on the quilt for DGS that is due in Jan.

--
Mary

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
: It is so quiet here. I guess everyone is too busy quilting to
: post. That is commendable, but I am shocked you haven't said a
: peep for at least 13 hours! Wow.
:
: I did some sewing today .... finally. I made a spool block. This
: one was for a group BOM. I really have to work on the sewing
: room. I walked into it today, and the UFOs attacked me!! If I
: would get those under control (read resolved) the room would be
: less cluttered. Not to say neat yet, but certainly less cluttered.
:
: No time for that now. I am getting ready for a quilters' retreat.
: This will be my first one. I am looking forward to it. NOTE: DH
: and assistants will be on stash guard.
:
:
: PAT in VA/USA