Old April 21st 04, 10:14 PM
Bertie Pittman

Thanks Dan,

You are correct. I seemed to remember it as having been tied in the
bight but as I though more about it that wasn't the case. He was
using it as sort of like an adjustable loop that was hooked to his
safety belt but i'm not exactly sure of how he used it in the tree. I
saw the knot after he was on the ground and asked him about it.

At the point I saw it, it wasn't tied to a main climbing rope like
some of the internet sites show. And I may have been confused by the
way he showed me to tie it. He used a single piece of line and tied
the knot on the standing part of the line thus forming a loop.

At any rate, I've now learned more about the knot and can tie it.

Thanks for the information and the link.

Bertie

On 11 Apr 2004 11:03:31 -0700, (Dan Lehman)
wrote:

Bertie Pittman wrote:

... It was tied in the bight of the line and around his body.

This is a little misleading, as the common Blake's H. (ProhKlem or
ProhGrip I might call it :-) isn't TIB (tiable in the bight). One
could tie the knot with a bight, reducing the number of turns given