Old April 11th 04, 01:27 AM
Bertie Pittman

Tom,

Thanks for the information. It was exactly what I needed and I
quickly found what I was looking for.

The first item in the list took me to a nice site with outstanding
directions and pictures. And of course there were many more sites to
visit also!

I have been a knot tyer since I can remember. As the son of a
commercial fisherman and boat owner, and later a career involving
boats and ships and specializing in ocean search and rescue I knew it
was a good knot when I was shown it a few years ago by a guy cutting
trees in the neighborhood. Maybe now having it on a CD I'll be able
to locate it the next time I need it.

I am planning on useing in rigging a safety line while doing some
roofwork. It appears to me it would work well in that situation.

I searched also for the "lock jack" tool you mentioned but didn't find
any info on it yet. Is ART a company or a news group participant?

Bertie

On 10 Apr 2004 06:40:57 -0700, (Treenail) wrote:

There are pleny of illustrations of the Blake's Hitch on the web.
Google to find them.

Arbos are also using a variety of different hitches for climbing. We
call them high performance hithes.

If you want to see the state of the art in non-rope friction hitches,
do a search on "lock jack" This is one of the tools made by ART in
Germany. A really nice tool.

Tom