Old January 25th 09, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default Sewing Silk

wrote:
Dear Polly

If you have to slide the threads down a seam, there is either
something wrong with the machine, or the tension is wrong for the
fabric. I would have whipped my students with a blivette if they did
such a thing, Using silk thread, as Kate recommends, or pressing the
seam flat before pressing it open are the answers.

Teri

I do both: silk thread AND press flat then open. Plus a nice new needle
in the right type and size for the fabric and thread...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!