Old July 2nd 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Default OT - Our Beloved Buffy is gone

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 11:12:00 -0400, Not Likely wrote:

snip

Buffy's pain is over now, I'm sure she is with St Francis of Assisi and my
Dad (who also cared for animals while living here on Earth) now... and she
is once again able to run and play happily without pain like she used to in
her younger days.

*hugs*
Gemini

Bless you Gem, I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my face. You have
been so blessed with the love of that wonderful creature. Yes Buffy's
pain is gone and you have all those beautiful memories of a faithful
companion and beloved friend.

Your tale (no pun intended) is much like mine. Our dog, Lady, died two
years ago and I still miss her company. She had inoperable cancer in her
stomach and bowel and memories of the times we had together are also very
precious.

When Lady died, peacefully, it was the end of an era for us. She had
belonged to my youngest son, Edward, and when he was killed in a motor
accident Lady came home with us although we had not planned to have a dog.
The first evening she was with us she insisted on sitting on my lap (she
was two years old at the time), tucking her nose under my chin and
whimpering very quietly all evening. We just sat huddled together trying
to draw comfort from each other. We were inseparable from that time on.

We were blessed to have her companionship and love for 13 years. I like to
think of her being back with her first human friend, Edward, because I
know they also loved each other so very much.

With love
Bernadette