Old November 14th 03, 03:49 PM
Penny S

cj's cat walked across a keyboard and came up with this:
Hi, I'm new to this group. I know buying sewing machines is a very
personal thing, but I'm going to ask anyhow :-)

I'm looking to buy a sewing machine for my wife. New to sewing, and
only really needed for repairs and little projects here and there,
for the forseeable near future.

One of the options is to buy a cheap new machine (like Janome 2319,
2028 or Benina Bernette?). Another option is to buy much older tradin
like Elna TSP for similar price and 1 year wty. Does anyone want to
offer some comment or advice about Elna TSP vs new machine?

check out the What Machine Should I Buy FAQ:

--
What Machine Should I Buy FAQ:
www.cet.com/~pennys/faq/smfaq.htm