Old May 4th 15, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Danny Breidenbach

Default Who Are We?

Danny in Overland Park, Kansas. I used to read RCTN when I lived in Virginia. And Indiana.

Working on TW's Celestial Dragon, and I'm doing it just because it's hard. Actually, I'm not finding it to be hard, but one must pay attention. And the results are scrumptious -- not even 1/4 of the way through.

I'd love my next project to be a x-stitch stocking for my wife. I did my two kids' stockings, and it's her turn. Preferably before she's a grandmother! (Kids are 17 and 15, so hopefully I've got some time!)

I loved all the tips that used to fly around on the news group. I think the ease of Googling has changed the nature of learning a new craft/skill. Now you just google up some sites, watch a video, and Bob's your uncle -- off you go. I miss the communal aspect of all the "here's what works for me, YMMV" with the occasional high spirited flame war instigated by a debate over licking vs. not licking!

Oh! I've also been waiting several years to start playing with hardanger. One of these days ...