Old January 16th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Default New Year's Show & Tell

WHY ARE YOU TAKING THEM APART?????

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
"bluemaxx" wrote in message
. ..
But of course we're creating future heirlooms! Especially when I try to
take one of my embellished or woven pieces apart... it takes FOREVER, with
million and one snip cuts in order to get them apar. lol... So who's to
say
that they won't last for centuries!! LOL In 20-30 years, people will be
selling them on eBay, calling them 'vintage'. Oh, that we all could be a
Haskell in the future. )))

hugs,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos:
http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
Cat Surgery Fund eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs

"D Curtis" wrote in message
:I never thought about future people seeing my work and considering where
: it came from but its a wonderful, heady thought that perhaps I am making
: someone's future heirloom! Thank you for sharing your thought on this,
: it puts a whole different perspective on my crafting.
: Diana
: http://duet.etsy.com
:
: bluemaxx wrote:
: Thanks for the info, Diana. )) It always helps to know your
product,
: especially when I sell something. I enjoy telling people how to care
for
: their new jewelry and sometimes I imagine 50 years into the future...
what
: people will say about the things I've created that they find in their
: mother's jewelry boxes. ))))
:
: love,