Old October 18th 04, 09:43 PM
Jenn Ridley

"Sweater pic" -- where can I find one?

(Carolyn)
I used to have a small tool which I was told was called a "sweater pic".
snip
Does anyone know how I can get one?
---
Fond as I am of gadgets, this one seems a bit ridiculous. I have a
bunch of crochet hooks which do the same job well.

But if you don't *have* any other need for a crochet hook, a sweater
pick (often called a 'knit picker') is useful. It's also something
that can be kept in the bedroom/bathroom/dressing room, rather than in
the sewing room. A sweater pick is also easier to use than a crochet
hook, because it won't catch on the other loops of the knit while
you're pulling the snag back through.

My mom kept the sweater pick in the utility drawer in the kitchen.
Everybody knew where it was, and was able to get it out, use it, and
put it away without going into her workroom to find a small crochet
hook.

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley :