Old August 13th 15, 12:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann[_2_]

Default Repairing a quilt

Because you really value the quilt, you might contact a textile conservator for advice about how to repair / stabilize it.

Nann

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 12:54:11 AM UTC-5, Brian wrote:

The problem is that, there are very few people today that can fix a
quilt. I will make the random stab that perhaps 1% of the population (it
might be more, like 5%, but I really do not think I am going out on a
limb to say it is a relatively small proportion of the population). I
put myself at, I suppose, the bottom of this 1% that has the sewing
skills to repair a quilt.

Well, I have a quilt that was made by my grandmother that is in quite a
need of repair to be useable. It is not a "family heirloom" and I really
don't think it has much value as a museum piece, but it does have meaning
to me and is a sort of "personal heirloom."