Old June 6th 10, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Default Do you remember the MAP?

On 6/5/2010 9:50 PM, Olwyn.Mary wrote:
Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

I don't know, but I was most distressed to see my actual street address
pointed out for all the world to see. Who, pray, listed this, and
without my permisssion? Can it be removed??

Olwyn Mary in new Orleans

I see I'm there, but the address and street view is wrong. I wouldn't
worry about it. Anyone can find you, including your address, with no
trouble. Go to Google and type in your name. Anyone can get your
address, phone number and more. Nothing is sacred anymore. :~)

Dianne

I have always been most careful never to put my last name or my picture
on the web, so I was also dismayed when last I "Googled" myself to find
that, since the church newsletter is now posted online, my last name is
available to those who look hard. Oh well, at least I am not on
Facebook, or Twitter, or any of those, so you have to really look hard
to find me.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

As the editor of our parish newsletter, I'm always telling people we
can't post online unless it's behind some kind of a security
password-protected firewall. Too much personal information within! I'm
amazed at how many churches do put up the whole thing for all the world
to see.

sue

--
Susan Hartman