Old July 2nd 04, 04:07 AM
..Mickie Swall..

Ah, one of my favorite patterns, though I've never made one:
I once printed a couple pages of foundation patern for a miniature
one and decided it was a little more ambitious project than I
wanted to do at the time. g

The first two links you posted are not a "true" S@S, (the kind
that make you sea-sick Ha!) because they have a double row
of what "should" be a pieced sashing around the square-in-a-
square block. These are typical of what you find in computer
quilting programs like Quilt-Pro and Electirc Quilt, although EQ5
has an optional 2/sided block to make the one like that shown
at Connecting Threads - which is is the "authentic" S@S.
(now how do you type S@S so it isn't hyper-link?)
Mickie

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message ...
First, I want to announce that the 'feature' I recently
introduced as QSD (Quilt Style Design I think) has undergone a
slight change. The name of the feature is now "Focus on Design:
___________" Why? Well, I think this name is quickly and easily
understood by any poster, including the newbies. Also, *I* kept
forgetting the Acronym and/or the Title!! So I came up with this
new name, with able assistance from Diana, Queen of Art.

Again, Focus on Design is meant to explore our preferences in
color, style, and set ups in our quilts. We are not working out
the problems of our SM, our QI, nor the dearth of Chocolate in
our current Diets!!

Someone recently asked me to Focus on Storm at Sea, a Traditional
Quilt Top. She particularly wanted to know how to arrange the
values (light, medium, and dark) to get "that sea sick look!"
Only a few days later someone else started an interesting thread
on construction problems of S@S!! I still think it is a good idea
to discuss the colors and so forth. Batten down the Hatches ...
here goes! Pat in Virginia

S@S with unique color ways.
http://equiltblocks.com/cgi-bin/bloc...ath=./sixteen/

Here is a link to S@S ... with paper piecing.