Old January 14th 04, 06:14 PM
Ellice

On 1/14/04 12:52 PM,"BBryer" posted:
For Christmas I received the pattern etc.. for L&L Celtic Christmas.
It will be my first Lavender and Lace.

Congrats, it's a beautiful piece.

What do I use to put the beads on. I asked at my LNS and she said
either the backgournd colour or a colour that matches the beads.

Probably the most common is to use the color that matches the beads. It
looks more continuous that way. Don't do the beads til the end - they get
handled less that way. And you can look at a couple of different methods for
attaching them - going thru once, then back and surrounding with the thread,
or going thru 2 directions - there are some illustrations on the web for
attaching. You just want to be sure that the beads stand up, rather than
looking like little donuts ;^)

No time to give you web references right now, but I'll try to later, if
someone else doesn't pop up with some.

ellice