Old April 11th 10, 08:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_3_]

Default Frances... What I've been up to

Thanx so much for the ideas. A book shelf above the window. What a great
space saving idea. We've been renovating for three years now as we
renovated our house before we sold that and bought the trailer. It was
neglected for years. So I'm thinking it will take at least another 5
more years before everything and every room is done. But it is so worth.
Two summers ago hubby and I put a roof on. The trailer had a little
rounded roof of metal on it. Well I would build the trusses myself in
the back yard during the day and at night we would put a couple of them
up. Right over the old roof. It took us a month, a lot of sore bones but
we are both proud that we were able to do it ourselves. Neither of us
had ever done anything that larger. A neighbourgh had done his and was
the same size and he had a left over truss. It was done by a carpenter
so we just used that as a template. It made a huge difference in sound
proffing and insulation in the house too. Now neighbourghs across the
way are asking for help cuz they want to do theirs as well. Which makes
me feel good that I live here. Everyone tries to take care of their
properties here. I used to live in a trailer park when I was younger and
no one cared what their place looked like, the old adage "trailer park
trash." That's not so here. So I am blessed.
Take Care
Joanna

SingerMom wrote:
It sounds like your mobile home remodel is coming right along. These
things always take time. I began remodeling my old mobile home over
three years ago and still haven't finished everything. Just keep
thinking of how nice everything will be and how you can say that you
did it yourselves!

I have spent the past three days custom designing and installing trim
around the triple windows in my bedroom. I replaced the windows last
summer, but ran out of good weather before I could figure out how to
do the interior trim. I plan to prime the trim tomorrow, if it does
not rain. Then I am installing an eight-foot long bookshelf (of mdf)
over the window. Eventually, I will make a small cabinet (tv stand/
shelf/clothes hamper) to sit under the windows on the right. My bed
is centered under the windows. On the left, I will design a small
chest of drawers to hold linens, with a set of deep shelves above
running up to the ceiling. This will have a custom "bed wall"
effect.

Three of my feline QIs live in my bedroom and have become "CI"s
(Construction Inspectors) lately. They're very good at getting under
foot, finding nails I dropped, sniffing the caulk around the windows,
and other helpful tasks

Frances