Old April 10th 10, 06:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
EstelleUK

Default What I've been up to

Good luck with the renovations Joanna and I 'm glad to hear you are on the
up and up! Its the only way you know! lol
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

"Joanna" wrote in message
Well renovations as usual. Yesterday I ironed a baby panel that I need to
get done ASAP as the mom is due in a couple of weeks. Well I hung a bar in
a door way to baste it. I have no access to a table right now. So I
thought hang the layers over the bar and use my basting gun. It's a panel
with prequilted backing. Then I plan on using the premade silk binding on
it. Mainly because I have never done it and want to try. Well can't get to
my basting gun. The sewing room is blocked by sheets of plywood and
drywall. So maybe today hubby will help move it so I can at least sneak in
there for a couple of mins. My sewing machine is resident of the kitchen
table till we are done this renovation.

We live in a mobile home, an older one. Renovating one room at a time. A
total gut and rebuild, insulation and everything. We joined two of the
jack and jill rooms to make a master bedroom/ensuite. Only our ensuite is
really small. One step in the room turn right it's the stand up shower,
turn to the left it's the toilet, shoved in the corner is a small vanity
which I will have to custom make as they don't sell them small enough it
will be 22" wide. Hubby has 95% of the room built. Just waiting for some
warmer weather to cut open the floor and replace as it's rotten from
previous owners that had a water leak. So bedroom and closet and some of
the hallway are all drywalled. It's my turn to tape and mud everything.
With my neck issues it takes me awhile to do the ceilings. But we don't
set deadlines, renovations will be on going I'm pretty sure forever. So we
just say it will get done when it gets done. We don't stress about it. And
if we take a few days to just rest, visit friends or take the kids to the
zoo it's all good. It does feel funny to have actually walls now though.
We spent all winter just seeing the studs and insulation in the wall.

For those that remember I'm finally feeling normal after delivering the
last baby. Thyroid is normal although I'm still 25pounds over weight. Dr
says not to stress cuz I can't fit my thyroid. I'm glad to have my energy
back though so I can do the things I love like quilting and spending more
quality time with my kids and friends. If you read this far, Thanx I tend
to ramble sometimes.
Take Care
Joanna