Old January 2nd 12, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default On my needles and on my wheels

On Jan 2, 11:26*am, "Briggs" wrote:

Oh that shawl is fabulous! I understand about the absolute quiet when
knitting lace. I wear lots of thick socks so most of my shoes work.

I did take lessons when I first got my first wheel. It helped a lot to get
the hang of the whole thing, but most of it is just
practice/practice/practice.

Well, we are starting a knitting group here, and since I AM the
starter,
I will need to be there all the time. I plan to take TWO items with me
to each session - the shawl, which I will work on when I am alone,
and something else that doesn't need intense concentration when
others come.

Yes, practice probably would have helped me, but since I wasn't even
sure that I was doing it right, I likely wouldn't have gotten any
better,
in any case! g

Higs,
Katherine