Old January 2nd 12, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Briggs

Default On my needles and on my wheels

Here's a link for the shawl. I spent several years looking for JUST
the
right pattern, and this is it. It will take me forever to finish it,
because
I have to knit in absolute quiet.
http://www.siviaharding.com/patterns...carf_or_shawl/

Worsted weight socks do knit more quickly, but I can't wear them
inside
most of my shoes.

Lucky you, spinning! I tried a drop spindle once, but couldn't get
the hang of it. I think that I need a person to teach me.

Higs,
Katherine

Oh that shawl is fabulous! I understand about the absolute quiet when
knitting lace. I wear lots of thick socks so most of my shoes work.

I did take lessons when I first got my first wheel. It helped a lot to get
the hang of the whole thing, but most of it is just
practice/practice/practice.