Old January 2nd 12, 06:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default On my needles and on my wheels

On Jan 1, 8:00*pm, "Briggs" wrote:
You are also busy! I finished those socks mentioned in my post. My hubby
loves them. I started on a pair of worsted weight socks in pink and lavendar
for myself. They are going quick -- on size 8s in that heavier yarn. I also
started messing around with my new Louet Jr. drum carder today. I LOVE that
thing. I carded together some merino in two shades and it spins like a
dream. I am also spinning some corriedale for the first time on my Baynes
wheel. I have 3 spinning projects going at once -- each totally different,
so it's fun to decide which to do.

Can we see the shawl when you finish it? I love shawls.

Here's a link for the shawl. I spent several years looking for JUST
the
right pattern, and this is it. It will take me forever to finish it,
because
I have to knit in absolute quiet.
http://www.siviaharding.com/patterns...carf_or_shawl/

Worsted weight socks do knit more quickly, but I can't wear them
inside
most of my shoes.

Lucky you, spinning! I tried a drop spindle once, but couldn't get
the hang of it. I think that I need a person to teach me.

Higs,
Katherine