Old November 2nd 04, 10:55 PM
Deb Hayes

Marissa...

Actually, lotion before claying is a good idea for all of us, even if we
have baby-soft skin, which I do not!

It helps prevent the color from sticking to your skin, and makes the clay
wash off more readily when you're done with the clay. (It has even been
known to soften dry skin!)

so, I would say, "Lube Away!"

Deb

--
Deborah Hayes
Editorial Staff, pcPolyzine
"Marissa Undercofler" wrote in message
Since I am still new to the world of polymer clay, I have a question
regarding hand lotion and polymer clay.

I have very dry hands, so any cracks in my hands pick up the clay, as well
as leave marks..I also have a few places on my fingers where the skin is
so
dry that it has flaked a bit and left a small piece of skin sticking out,
and they sometimes poke into the clay.

So my question is, Will using hand lotion right before I play with the
polymer clay mess up the clay in anyway? If so, should I lube up my hands
like a half hour before and then wait for it to soak into the skin and
then
play?

Marissa Undercofler -- Marissa's Creations
To see finished pieces:
http://groups.msn.com/MarissasBeaded...f/shoebox.msnw