Old August 28th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default What on earth do I do with this?

Howdy!

You have a rotary cutter...
you can cut that chambray into very thin strips, same width
as your yarn (and some yarn has little nubs & knots & flurbs in it,
more texture), and knit yourself a blue chambray something.

Gonna' have to be open-casket so we can see your
nattily-dressed self, John.

R/Sandy--still in Help Mode
p.s. I prefer that "eyelash" yarn, myself ...

On 8/28/07 8:10 AM, in article
, "John"
wrote:

On Aug 28, 3:55 am, John wrote:
Here is a question for all you knowledgeable folks. Somebody gave me
about 5+ yards of Stretch Blue Chambray. Aside from the obvious of
making a pair of hot pants for the entire Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
squad, what in the world could I use this stuff for. I don't use
stretch stuff for anything so I am totally at a loss. I can't use it
for quilting because, well, it stretches. You thought you had trouble
making your points match; well, this stuff would be the ultimate
challenge. It is off the bolt, so I assume it has been washed, but
maybe not. Perspiring minds want to know and any and all replies will
be given careful, if mirthful, consideration.

John

I threatened to make a stretch leisure suit and my wife almost spit
her coffee across the breakfast table at me, and she couldn't stop
laughing. I am definitely NOT the leisure suit kind of guy. Everything
I own is 100 percent cotton or wool. The one exception is bicycle
clothing. Lycra is the only exception I make, and I have started to
make cotton and wool cycling clothes to eliminate that exception. I
have a long range goal of producing all of the clothes I wear. I am
going to learn to knit this winter, so I can make myself some Merino
wool socks and then I plan to get a cover-stitch machine after the
first of the year so that I can sew jersey t-shirts. I then can make
cotton boxer briefs and with the addition of pants and shirt and
jacket, I will have an outfit that is 100 percent custom made by me. I
will probably be so stressed out from the endeavor that they will have
to bury me in it. But, I will be a rather nattily dressed corpse.

John