Old March 6th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
DKat

Default Miller 510 white stoneware firing range

I am reposting this from clayart. I know our room is small but I'm hoping
this might get more notice here since it has gotten none in clayart.

I have some 510 (miller) which I got from another potter who did not like
the way it felt (seems fine for me in that regard). They said that it was
a clay suitable for cone 6 stoneware, pit and raku however the only
information I can find on it has the clay as cone 10 or at most a range
from cone 8 to cone 10. Has anyone worked with this clay in the cone 6
range? I'm thinking I will probably have to just store whatever I make
with it until I can rent a kiln for high fire but I thought I would just
ask. Donna