Old September 1st 03, 02:15 AM
Carol

In my humble opinion, as a beginner I would stick with 1" scale, if you have
the space. The reasons a

1. Details do get lost as the scale gets smaller. I sell mostly 1" scale
items and have on occassion ordered some of these items in 1/2 scale and
while they are "cute" they lack the detail of the larger scale or else my
vision isn't good enough to see it.
2. Smaller scale items tend to get lost more easily than 1" scale. I swear
I have inhaled some of these things.
3. As was brought out already - availability. Most everything in the real
world is available in 1" scale but not in the other scales. Although there
is more and more available in 1/2 scale, it is not nearly as complete as 1"
scale. This is especially true of lighting and fine quality miniatures.
4. Easier to work with. It's difficult enough getting into the corners of
1" scale houses.

You could always do your second project in a smaller scale.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

"Bill" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
My wife and I are VERY new to Dollhouses. We have not even bought one yet.
What is the best scale to get?

Bill