Old October 5th 15, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default salvaging some crewel - need an idea, plz

the crewelwork is fine, but the backing of the pillow has simply worn away* - large holes in fact. I figure I can cut around the design, but then what? Applique it onto a new pillow? some of the fabric is shot almost near the design.

It's that old Elsa Williams of a male and female pheasant, if anyone recalls that one. I hate to just chuck it.

*blame it on a man who used it as a real pillow - ha.