Old May 15th 06, 08:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

Default brother machine and ribber i need help!!

Hi,

If you look in the manual for the ribber, it tells you in detail how to
cast on for 1 x 1 rib etc.

1) Cast on first row (right to left), hang ribber comb & weights.
Tension = 0 on both dials
2) Do two (sometimes 3) circular rows, using the part button on the K
carriage and the opposite part button on the ribber carriage. Tension =
1 on both dials
3) Cancel part on both carriages, set dials to ribber tension (usually
main tension - 2). Rib for required amount.

For 2 x 2 rib the process is slightly different, for example you may
need to use the bottom lever on the ribber carriage (Marked I II).

Personally I tend to leave the ribber comb on as it provides an even
weight across the work - if the cast on isn't at a tight tension, it
will look loopy when the piece is finished.

HTH + keep on trying - it *is* worth it!

Jane ( a Brother user)