Old July 5th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Helen Hill

Default boric acid/alcohol flux

Ahoy there Halebobb! Helen here, long time no hear!

I have followed your advice not to stir the said boric acid/alcohol flux but
have found that I don't get enough flux action from the boric acid that's in
solution in the alcohol and so have to either stir it or dip the piece into the
boric acid gunk on the bottom of the jar in order to get sufficient protection.

Still, following Peter's advice on this and Orchid, I'm going to make and use
Prips flux for soldering and I'll probably just use the boric acid/alcohol
mixture for annealing.

Helen Hill
http://www.hillsgems.co.uk
http://www.helensgems.etsy.com