Old July 14th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Don T.

Default Need Help -- lost and found diamond -- defective ring?

"Heinrich Butschal" wrote in message

It is nothing personal with the OP. And I have no real doubt that this is
true. However nearly any customer who came to my store and workshop in the
last nearly thirty years and had some complaints, told me that he or his
wife
had word the ring three times. Some rings were totally worn down an had
hundreds of scratches within years, some have been worn only some months.
Is the number "three times worn" some holy mystery which I don´t know?
No one told me it was worn two times or four times, always three times.

Mit freundlichem Gruß,
Heinrich Butschal
--
Schmuck Gutachter und Schmuckverkauf http://www.butschal.de
Schmuck nach Maß anfertigen http://www.meister-atelier.de

Heinrich. Yes. It is a "holy mystery". The number three is used by drunk
drivers in the USA when the policeman asks how many drinks he/she has had.
Three beers, three drinks, three, three, three. It is used by people needing
appliances repaired, " I tried THREE times to make the thing work", the
technician then plugs the appliance into the mains outlet. Three is a
magical number. I could give more examples but I think this is enough.

--

Don Thompson

Stolen from Dan: "Just thinking, besides, I watched 2 dogs mating once,
and that makes me an expert. "

There is nothing more frightening than active ignorance.
~Goethe

It is a worthy thing to fight for one's freedom;
it is another sight finer to fight for another man's.
~Mark Twain