Old May 17th 05, 11:52 AM
edarmory

Shelly that you for the useful information. If you have any other advise
for a biggner it would be appreciated.

Thanks

"shelly" wrote in message

Kerstin was being sarcastic--she means that you should use your BRAIN
to figure out how to translate hand knitting patterns to machine
terms.

NOW FOR A USEFUL REPLY--there is no software (that I know of) that
will convert hand knitting techniques to machine knit.
there are a couple of site that will help you learn to convert how to
do it yourself

http://heidisknittingroom.ourfamily....tingHKtoMK.htm

http://www.mkdesigner.com/convert_patt.html

On Tue, 17 May 2005 02:52:09 GMT, "edarmory"
wrote:

Where would I find this software. You can imagine an google querry that

did with brain was loooong and medical.

Thanks

"Kerstin Michler" wrote in message
.. .
"edarmory" wrote:

What software ( or how do you ) translate hand knitting patters to

machine
terms?

I use mostly BRAIN 1.0, which was implemented when I was born, and was
further developed through my entire life so far. I'm very happy with
it.

You need to understand what happens in the hand knitting process and
how your machine can accomplish what you want it to do. This is not
always possible, by the way! Some pattern techniques cannot be
translated to machine knitting.

The rest is simple math.

Best wishes,
Kerstin