Old February 9th 04, 09:27 PM
Penny S

flan retorted :
Yarn Forward wrote in message
.. .
flan wrote:
I recv'd an old Viking machine(from someone who knows nothing about
sewing machines) which appears to sew just fine except for the huge
(3 rows of 15 settings/bs LCR Manual) red selection
stitch/embroidery? knob which will not turn and will only allow
normal stitch and zig zag.

Make sure the stitch width is set to zero before trying to change
the stitch selector.

Roger.

Thanks to everybody who responded. I guess it well could be related to
the Husqvarnas since it came out at the same time, roughly, but did
the Domestic Sewing Machine Co. ever make Vikings, or were the
Husqvarnas only made by one company called Viking?

AFAIK, Husquavarna/Viking are one and the same, at least on the old one, and
they did not go by any other name. They are great machines, bts, still have
an old 6000.

Penny S