Old January 9th 04, 04:35 AM
Abrasha

lgreene wrote:

If you can't agree on a fee, let me know. My nephew lives in SF and would
be happy to do it for you fee free. For heaven's sake...walk past the man,
throw the money at him, put in a box in a padded envelope, put 3 stamps on
envelope, drop in mail box. Phew..handling "all that" is likely to cost a
fortune.

With all due respect, I do not work for free. My business is making and selling
jewelry. In this case providing the service would be a great deal less
expensive than making a new one for him, as I explained to him. My hourly rate
for commission work is $125.-. I do not customarily make ring out of old silver
spoons, if I did I would have to charge the same amount per hour if I want to
stay in business. And of course that would make these rings unsalable.

Even if I find the guy right away, I would have to go there several times, to
place the order, to pick up the ring. Than I have to pack go to UPS or the post
office. Even if everything went smoothly, it would take several hours of my
time.

You know what? Why don't you call your nephew, and have him take care of it for
this guy. I bet he would be more than thrilled to have this service done for
free by someone's nephew, who presumably knows nothing about jewelry. See if he
is even capable and/or willing to do it.

JA!

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com